Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Crayons anyone?

Tonight for dinner we had waffles.

This is a family favorite. I personally like this dinner because it takes little prep work. In fact, we usually have waffles when it is 6:15 and I think, "What on earth am I going to make for dinner tonight?!"

So tonight, as usual, I plugged in the waffle maker to heat up as I made the batter. However, when I opened the waffle maker, to my surprise, there was a crayon....or should I say a crayon wrapper and a lot of pink, melted wax!

I'm not sure which child was to blame. I would have to guess either Maddy or Luke. Maddy, because she is constantly coloring with crayons, markers, you name it! However, she does usually stick to paper.

Luke on the other hand loves getting into the art supplies with his sis. But rather than paper, Luke choose other mediums to display his artwork....cupboard doors, walls, the wood floor, etc. So considering these factors, I would have to guess Luke! But I guess we'll never know.

So if anybody ever needs to know how to get wax off a waffle maker, I'm your gal!

2 comments:

steph said...

Sounds like fun!!! Have you ever figured out how to get fingernail polish off carpet? Not that my four girls would ever get into THAT!

Natalie said...

I love it Emily!

Your kids are so cute, too cute to get mad at...that is so funny!

How did you get the crayon off anyways?
Thank you for your sweet comment!

Love ya!