Thursday, March 6, 2008

Blogging: Good or Bad?

Today I have been so tired and have not felt like doing anything. I accomplished the basics: cleaning breakfast dishes, exercising, practicing with kids, changing diapers. But beyond that, I have pretty much wasted my day enjoying other people's blogs, and playing around on mine!

I am now sitting in my kitchen looking at a dishwasher that needs to be unloaded, and more dishes to do. I am thinking that if I were a good mom/wife, I would get up and make dinner. I am looking at my family room that needs to be vaccuumed (spelling?), and envisioning my bedroom that is a huge mess. I could go on and on.

But my computer beckons to me and I have decided to be a total blog junkie and let the house fall apart around me! There's always tomorrow, right?!

6 comments:

Sarah Stokes said...

Em, you crack me up. So that is what doing nothing means. I am seriously gonna try it, as soon as I get a day when I know I don't have a photo session, or someone coming to pick up pictures from a photo session! I have to admit I love to surf from blog to blog to blog!

Chelsie said...

Em you deserve a break every know and again. There is definitely always tomorrow. I love looking at blogs. Its all your fault too, you got me addicted. I also love that you added a music list. How long did it take you to figure it out because it took me for ever! Then again contrary to popular belief even though my husband is a computer guru, I am not. So there you have it. Way to go for taking a minute for yourself!

Mommo said...

I am so glad you spent the day blogging. I want you to tell me how to put music on my blog. I have tried to figure it out but am not as smart as you. Way to go!!
Cindy

steph said...

I am having the same kind of day today. I hear my house falling apart but I don't want to go out of my room for fear of what I will find. It is much more fun surfing blogs and adding unnecessary stuff!

Marilyn said...

I have to say GOOD!! I think it is a great way to share the "nothingness" of our daily life and feel like it really means something. Some days I feel like, is this as good as it gets..cleaning the same dishes, the same clothes, making the same meals and did the cats really leave paw prints on my clean floor AGAIN!!!! I swear, when I am on my computer and the kids are watching TV at least nothing gets messed up.

Natalie said...

Good for you Emily!! You are a hard worker and very dedicated mom, you deserve a break!
I was beginning to wonder if you ever did give yourself a break.
Love ya!
Nat