Monday, March 17, 2008

Five Star Cleaning


I started a new program with my kids today. I call it the five-star program. Basically, when my kids do a job for me, they earn anywhere from 1 star to 5 stars, depending on how well they did their job.


A one star job is obviously about as bad as it can get, and if you have children like mine, you know that one star jobs do happen.
A five star job is hard to get. I told them a five star job is when they have cleaned it as well as I would have.
And then, of course, there is that inbetween category (numbers 2-4) which most of their jobs fall into.

The reward: When they get 50 stars, I will take them out to lunch, or to get ice cream, or something like that.


So today we began, and can I just say, I didn't know Josh was capable of cleaning so well! My kids were trying so hard to get five stars (I don't give those out too often). They were even volunteering to do jobs for me, and at times, they did jobs without even being asked. And I didn't even have to redo their jobs after they finished. It was GREAT!


I am sure this will probably be like any other "program" I implement....it will work great for a while, and then the excitement will fizzle out. But hey, I'll take what I can get!

1 comment:

steph said...

Let me know your results. I am in desparate need of something that works!