Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Luke!!

Today my little Luke turned 3! My how time flies. I love this little kid so much! He is such a bright spot in our home. He is always making us laugh.

I love Luke's big hugs and kisses.

I love the way he talks. Today when I asked him how old he was, he said 2. I told him he was 3 now. So later when I asked him how old he was, he said I'm not telling. Then he added, I'm not 2.

I love Luke's smile. It is infectious.

I love to see Luke bouncing on the tramp with his curly, crazy hair.

I love watching Luke dance. His sisters like to turn music on and dance around. Their latest favorite is dancing to songs from the The Chipmunk Adventure. Luke is right in the middle of them, showing off all his hot dance moves!

Luke loves to read books and play with his brothers and sisters. He loves being outside. His latest and greatest is to find a golf ball and golf club, go out on the front lawn, and whack away! I just pray he doesn't actually smack it one of these days, or I might have some angry neighbors! (Although, who could really be mad at Luke....unless, of course, he's coloring on your walls and doors with permanent marker.)

I love Luke's enthusiasm for life. Yesterday he wanted to help me plant flowers. I found a little shovel and gave it to him. He was so excited, he instantly started singing, "Dig-a-dig-a-dig-a-diggity-dig-a-dig-a-dig-a-diggity-dig". He and Maddy were quite the team, digging holes, putting flowers in, then "covering them up" as Luke would say.

I love watching the way other people light up when Luke's around. The neighbor kids love him. His grandpas adore him.

Everybody loves Luke. In fact, I think I will dub Luke 'Mr. Popular'. Some frequently heard comments in my house as of late are, "Hey Luke. Am I your buddy?" or "Hey Luke. Who do you like the best?" or "Am I your best pal Lukey?" Everyone is constantly seeking for Luke's attention. To be liked by Luke is to achieve status in the Pilling home, I suppose. I have had to
ki-bosh (spelling??) this because it is driving me crazy!! And how did I ki-bosh it you may ask? By informing them all it was useless to try being his best bud, because he likes me the most!!

(Just kidding...sortof)

Happy Birthday little buddy! We all love you so very much!









5 comments:

Jill said...

Emily, he is adorable. I love his
curly blonde hair!

Melanie said...

He is darling! Time goes by way too fast!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday to Luke!!!
He is so cute!

Extraordinary Housewife said...

again... "me yub yukey!"

-Ty

Trav and Elise said...

That kid is such a doll. I think that he must have gotten all of his charisma from his Aunt Leesie! Well, maybe not but would blend right in with my crowd. I love him! Elise