Friday, June 6, 2008

Gardener Extraordinaire

This is Madelyn....yes, the same one who wants to be a weed picker when she grows up. However, she has now decided she would rather be a gardener. Perhaps this is due to the fact that she actually had to help pick weeds the other day and was reminded that it's not all it's cracked up to be! Or perhaps it is because she is dying to help me plant my pots....all those beautiful flowers sitting in my driveway waiting to be planted are calling out to her!


Madelyn loves planting things. She has planted many apple seeds, plum seeds, apricot seeds, etc. in random places around our yard, in hopes of growing a fruit tree! Recently, I was out weeding in my yard (a HUGE task!) and discovered a pretty little something that had been planted by Madelyn. It wasn't exactly the kind of plant you would expect to find, but it added a little color none-the-less!



Apparently they made little trees at school out of sticks and crepe paper. These were just the first of many such trees to be made by Madelyn. In fact, I had to forbid her from breaking any more branches off my plants! She LOVES making things!

So, if you're looking for a little something to spice up your yard, just give Maddy a call....she would be happy to help you out!

1 comment:

steph said...

I love it! I have those same little trees growing in my house. It is Dave's favorite decoration.