Monday, June 2, 2008

Family Night

Don't you love how 2-3 yr. olds talk? It is so funny to hear them repeat things they have heard and picked up on. For example, tonight Luke came up to me (at baseball, of course!) and said, "Can I have some more money.....please?" Now where do you suppose he's heard that before?!

Last night, Ben went to bed before Luke. So, when I took Luke up to bed we were trying to be quiet. I walked into the room to get his jammies, then turned around to see Luke walking on all fours behind me. He peeked up at me and whispered, "Let's be neaky mom."

In Luke language, neaky = sneaky. Just like Nydee = Sydney, or Cott = Scott. That kid sure knows how to make us all smile!


On to a different subject...Guess where we had home evening tonight? I will tell you this much....it was definitely a first for us!

OK, I'll tell you, because you'll probably never guess (no fair guessing Lana!)

Home Evening tonight was held in my bathroom. Why you might ask? We had baseball games and I had to get slightly cleaned up, since I had been working for HOURS in my yard! So the kids all gathered around while I straightened my hair, and Josh gave us a lesson. Now, as far as home evening lessons go, this was on the quick, have home evening to be obedient side of things. But nonetheless, I bet my kids will remember for quite some time the night we had home evening in mom's bathroom!

3 comments:

Sarah Stokes said...

You NEVER cease to amaze me Emily!! I would have said S@#w home evening for a night - but not you, you are so crazy and fun, see you tommorow morning at Steph's...

Jill said...

That is so funny, we tried to have a picnic at the park on Monday for FHE and it poured on us! The bathroom would have been better. :)

Jackie said...

Hi! You don't know me but I found your blog through my sister's blog and her friends. I just wanted to say thank you for inspiring me. I am an LDS mother of 4. I just loved reading your positive description of your life. I realized I want to be a happier, more positive person. Thanks for sharing!