Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We spent Memorial Day weekend in Utah visiting some great friends from South Dakota, the Jones' and the Ollertons. After four long years of OB residency, our friends, the Ollertons have finally moved back closer to home. It was so fun to see them again! It has been way too long! And, of course, we always love seeing the Jones'. They are such dear friends. Now we just need Shane and Jas to move back! (Hint, hint)

The kids had a great time together. You would never know it had been years since they had seen each other. Here are a few pictures of the kids enjoying the semi-warm weather!

Sydney and Madelyn walked home, or should I say ran home, from church with Rylee. They loved being with Rylee and all her neighborhood friends!




The girls all sat outside painting fingernails and toenails. And when I say girls, I don't just mean my girls. Half the neighborhood showed up to paint their fingernails. Even Scott and Josh and a few other boys wanted to get in on the action. Either my boys have issues, or they wanted to be near the cute Utah girls! Since the few nails they painted were vigorously being scrubbed off shortly after, I'm pretty sure it was the latter!



The kids loved riding around on scooters, rip sticks (new to me, but very fun), battery-powered motorcycles, etc.






We are so grateful for all the wonderful friends we have made through the years. We loved our years in South Dakota, and the friends we made. They were like family to us!

To all of our wonderful friends and family out there...We love you!

2 comments:

Extraordinary Housewife said...

Friends, shmends. Has any one of them every flipped you off?

I mean really!

-Lana

Heather said...

Oh I am glad that I read down your blog. Its been a busy few months and I have been a slacker on keeping up with my friends blogs. But I was happy to see pics of the Ollertons and Jones kids. I haven't heard from the Ollertons for years and have wondered where they ended up. My little Riley is such a YW now. Too fun. Next time you see them tell them hi for me.