Thursday, May 8, 2008

Make Us Proud


Every month in Maddy's kindergarten class they have a sharing day. Sometimes they bring an item to share, and sometimes they tell something. This month they were asked to tell what they wanted to be when they grew up. On the morning of Maddy's sharing day I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up. She had to think about it for a while.

I said, "Don't you want to be a mom?" (She is always talking about being a mom someday.)

She informed me that of course she was going to be a mom (that was a given), but she needed to figure out what else she was going to be.

After school I asked her what she told the class. She said she couldn't decide so her teacher told her she could tell them the next day.

A couple of days went by.

Maddy came home from school and said, "I got to do my sharing day today."

I, of course, asked her what she had decided to be...I was quite curious to hear what she had come up with!

She said, "When I grow up, I want to be a weed picker."

Way to go Mads! Shoot for the stars!

7 comments:

steph said...

I love it! You must make weed pulling really fun at your house! What is your trick?

Anonymous said...

I laughed sooooo hard and loud! Too funny! How did you manage to inspire that in her? Tell me your secrets! Tyler heard my total belly laugh and was all what???what is soooo funny???Thanks for a good chuckle!

Emily said...

Amazingly...weed picking is not a popular job at my house. My children moan and groan when I drag them outside to make them weed with me. All, that is, except for Madelyn who loves to put on a pair of gardening gloves, grab a gardening tool of some sort and dig away!

Chelsie said...

Way to go Maddy! Thats hilarious! I will hire her to come and pick weeds in my yard when I have one. Thats priceless!

Kresta said...

Emily! I am glad you found me. The name thing is funny -- I have an Emily and an Aleise (Elise)! And Madelyn wants to be a weed picker huh. My four year old wants to be a garbage man. I guess somebody's gotta do it, and who doesn't love the garbage man!

Jill said...

Hey Brek and Emily! Love your blog, LeighAnne told us about it, your kids are darling! I just started our blog, it's
joeljillpillingfam.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Leighanne's blogspot is
thelovellbunch.blogspot.com -
she's the one who showed me how to do it! :)