Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life is Good: Day Two

Ok, first of all, this isn't actually day two, but day three. However, yesterday I had many things to be grateful for, so I am backtracking! I have to mention not one thing, but TWO (or maybe even three).

First, and most importantly, I was SO grateful that Brek came home! Yeahhh! He had been gone since early Sunday morning, and surprised us all by walking in the door a good 3 hours before we actually expected him. He loves to surprise me that way....catching an earlier flight than planned. I sure do love my guy! What a blessing he is in my life.

Which brings me to another moment of gratitude. As a result of Brek's early arrival, he was able to help Scott with his math. Thank heavens! Brek is much better at math than me. As it is, it took the two of them quite some time just to solve 2 problems, during which time I was able to fold laundry. (Would you call that a blessing?!) I'm afraid so. It was better than doing math AND laundry!

Yes, poor Brek is exhausted!

And last, but not least, I am grateful for the little miracles that bless our lives. Let me explain.

This weekend, I am doing a sprint (basically a half-triathlon) with two of my friends, Lana and Adria. It should be fun. Did I just say fun?! Wow, that's a little miracle in and of itself. Anyway, we have been looking forward to it. We planned to leave on Friday, spend the day in Utah, stay overnight with a friend (Holly) who lives nearby, then sprint on Saturday.

It was a great plan....that is, until I realized there was a glitch. That glitch was none other than my adorable little Ben, who still relies on his mama for daily nourishment. Brek is staying home to man the fort, running kids to soccer, football, temple trips, etc. But, therein, lies my problem. I am planning to do a sprint while doing what with Ben???

OK, so now the blessing. Yesterday, Lana called Holly to make sure we were all set for the weekend. While they were chatting, Holly said, "Does anybody have a baby I can babysit? I am so baby hungry!" Lana mentioned my dilemma, and wa-la, problem solved! Can you believe it?! I couldn't! You may not think this is a little miracle, but to me it is. How true it is that seemingly simple things done by one person mean so much to another!

2 comments:

Extraordinary Housewife said...

You say Brek is sleepy, but I think he's been using something!

-Lana

Unknown said...

you bet I am using something, but don't tell anyone. holy cr-p I am getting old. I need to sleep more.