Monday, April 14, 2008

Sydney's Big Day

Last Saturday, Sydney got baptized. She was SO excited for this day to come. Her Grandma Darla worked so hard to make her a beautiful dress, and then ran into complications a few days before the baptism. I told her no worries....I would be in Utah and could find her a dress while I was there. But Darla and dad went out searching and found this pretty dress. Darla added pearls and a bow, as Sydney requested, and Syd loved it!

She let me know days in advance that she wanted her hair in two french braids, just like her cousin Saydi did her hair when she got baptized. However, knowing that my french braiding skills aren't the best, she worried about me getting the task done. She mentioned a time or two that maybe Aunt Elise would come and help me. But I assured her that I was up to the task!

On the day of her baptism, Scott and Josh both had basketball tournaments.....shocker! So we got up early to get a few things done before we went to games. Syd wanted me to braid her hair first thing in the morning, so I wouldn't run out of time. I told her not to worry, we would get it done. She went up to Grandma and Grandpa Pillings to play with her cousins, but kept calling me, wondering when I was coming to get her. She was really worried that I wouldn't have enough time to braid her hair. I told her we would be there by 3:30 and she paniced! She thought for sure we would never get her ready in time.....OK, she thought for sure I would never get her hair braided in time.

But I am happy to report, I did get the braids done, the food prepared, and the house spiffed up. Oh yeah, we also had to throw together a musical number! The only thing I didn't manage to do was get all my kids outside for pictures. The only kids in the pictures are the ones that came out when I asked. I was out of time and didn't even try rounding them all up! Oh well....just know that Scott, Luke, and Ben were all there looking handsome as can be!







It was a wonderful day! It is such a wonderful experience to see your child get baptized. What a special time in their lives. I love my little Sydney and I am so proud of her and the choices she makes. She is such a great kid who loves life, loves her family, and wants to do what is right. Love you Syd!!

4 comments:

Extraordinary Housewife said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous Sydney! -Lana

Chelsie said...

What a special day! I am so glad that I got to be there. She looked so gorgeous. I can't believe she is already that old. Great braids by the way. Its a good thing that I wasn't in charge of doing it because they would have looked terrible. Oh by the way.... Tag your it. Ten things that are you scared of or that people dont know about you. Happy Blogging!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Hey Emily...Thanks for the comment on my blog, it's so fun keeping up with your cute family! I remember I HAD to have 2 french braids for my baptism too, this post gave me flashbacks. Probably because I was worried my hair would come up out of the water if I didn't. And I'm glad someone can sympathize with my mouth pain! :)

Heidi said...

Sydney looks so cute! How fun for her! :) Heidi