Sunday, October 12, 2008

Winter Already?

Early Saturday morning I heard the pitter patter of little feet running up and down the stairs. I groaned. It was way too early for a Saturday morning!

I went to see what was going on, and instruct whoever belonged to those little feet to be quiet and not wake everyone else up. I found not one, but three owners of little feet. Sydney, Madelyn, and Luke were all staring out the kitchen window. When they noticed me, they exclaimed, "It snowed!!!"

I thought I would see a little skiff of snow when I looked out. After all, it is only early October. Boy was I wrong! There was a few inches of snow on the ground and it was still coming down hard.

Thus began the blizzard of October.

The kids could hardly contain their excitement, gathering cups of snow to make "snow cones". They couldn't wait to get outside!



There's nothing like a big snowstorm to motivate kids to get their work done fast! Soon they headed out to play (this time bundled up!)




Ben had a great view of all the fun. He was cozy and warm on his side of the glass.

There were lots of hot chocolate breaks throughout the day, often accompanied by chocolate chip cookies and chicken noodle soup.

The boys took a break from all the snow to watch the BYU game, but the girls were still going strong.....


building the best snowman ever. Oh, excuse me...the best snow woman ever. (Notice the hair.)

Ben was a great help, cleaning up the floor after the kids would come tromping through. He gobbled up clumps of snow whenever he would spot them. He managed to get a lot of snow into his mouth before I discovered what he was up to!


We here in the Pilling household LOVE snow, so we were all excited. The kids played until well after dark, then collapsed. What a fun day!

3 comments:

Chelsie said...

It was officially crazy weather! What a fun day though. I love snow when you can sit and enjoy it or go outside and play in it. Driving in it however...well, thats another story! Cute pictures! Love you guys!

Paula-Adam said...

Emily, this is Paula. Remember me??? anyway, you have THE CUTEST family. I have no idea how you keep up with all of your kids...that's amazing. I only have one and it's hard just to keep up with her. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Jill said...

Nooooooo! I don't want snow yet! We haven't really had it down here in Provo yet. I want fall to last a little longer! :)