Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's Autumn Time, It's Autumn Time

I love living in a place where I can experience all four seasons. We are now well into fall, and although we still have some very warm days, there is a chill in the air when the sun goes down, the leaves are beginning to change colors and fall from the trees, and there is a smell....the smell of autumn. I don't know how to describe it, but it is a smell that makes you want to go to the pumpkin patch, eat warm soup and drink hot apple cider, wear sweaters, jump in leaves, and go to football games.

If you are wondering what we are doing on Saturday (this Saturday, last Saturday, next Saturday), let me tell you. It involves several of my children (the players), my husband (the coach), and me (the unofficial cheerleader). There are friends to visit with, snacks to keep kids happy, and often times, hats, gloves, and blankets to keep us warm.

Yep, you guessed it! Saturday is game day for us.

Along with fall comes the beginning of football and soccer season. We run from one game to the next. Sometimes Brek and I have to divide and conquer. He goes to one game while I go to another. I cheer them all on, even though sometimes they can't hear me. (I can't help myself!) Maddy and Syd play soccer, and the boys play football. Brek helps coach Scott's team.

Last week I was not only the cheerleader, but the family photographer. Here are a few pics of the action!

As I looked at Maddy through my camera lens, I thought perhaps I should wait to take photos of her on a game day when we had actually combed her hair AND washed her face. But on second thought, I realized this was a much better representation of reality....for us anyway!

We are so glad to see Maddy smiling on the field, considering the fact that she was in tears her first two games, refusing to play. Sometimes she feels shy (biting her bottom lip), and she is nervous to get in on the action. But one kick is all it takes to get her going!

Go Maddy! Her coach said she has become an "amazing defender".

Now we have Syd. Do you see how excited she is to be playing goalie? It is like the worst form of torture.

That's better! Syd loves to be in on the action. She is a great little soccer player.


Now for a little football action. Scott is #24. It is so fun to watch him, especially when he gets to run the ball. He is a great running back.



Last but not least, there is Josh (#44). Josh is a great player, as well. He is just an all-around good athlete.


Josh and his buddy Davis (#8). They have so much fun together. If they have to stand on the sideline, at least they're there together!


The girls help watch Luke and play with him while we are at games.

Go Team!

No comments: