Friday, October 3, 2008

Making a Difference

I have a dear friend who amazes me. She has been handed one trial after another, yet she always comes out smiling. Her mom passed away (breast cancer), she has two deaf children, and she has been faced with multiple health problems herself, including breast cancer. She has now adopted two children from China.

As I watch her and her darling little family, I am so touched by the difference she is making in their lives. Those two sweet children from China are now part of a family with a mom and dad who love them so very much.

Tonight I had the privilege of going to the temple to witness the sealing of Jonah (their newest son) to his mom and dad. My heart was touched as I watched them enter the room. I love my sweet friend Marianne, and I am so happy for her. I also felt an overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude for my Heavenly Father who has given us the opportunity to be sealed to our families for time and all eternity. It was a wonderful night!

1 comment:

marianne said...

Way to make me cry you, you, silly girl!!:) Thank you for coming to our wonderful evening at the temple. It meant so much to see you all there supporting us. I have the BEST friends in the world, BAR NONE. Now if I could just tackle my laundry and my dirty house I'll really be bookin'!! Hee Hee
Mare