Monday, May 4, 2009

It's Good to be Home

We are home!

After spending a week in Okinawa (yes, Japan!) with our dear friends, Brek, Scott, Josh and I returned home. And after almost 30 hours of travel, we were SO glad to be home!

We came home to a very green lawn in serious need of mowing.


(Nice Josh. Ever heard of this little thing called shoes?!)

AND we came home to this....


We were SO excited to see the kids, and they were equally excited to see us. Scott and Josh were very excited to see their siblings, and handed out gifts, which the kids eagerly accepted.

Then we showed them some "souvenirs" we found, courtesy of the Okinawan beaches....sea shells and sea glass.


We found this sea glass as we walked along the beaches. It is very pretty and unique. My friend Jasmine said she has never seen it on other beaches where she has lived (Florida, Texas, and California).

(Madelyn loves all things tiny and cute. Hence, we returned with many tiny shells.)

Scott was very excited to see his little buddy Ben, who he insists likes him "almost" better than me.


Throughout the day Luke has given me many hugs and said, "I missed you when you were gone!"

I missed you, too, my little friends!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how fun! You got to see the Day family. How we miss all you guys. What a fun trip!!

Julie said...

How fun that you were able to go to Japan! Isn't that where Brek served his mission? Your kids are so cute! I bet they were so excited to have you all back!

LOVE the no shoes while mowing! I bet it took him a week to get the green off the bottoms! Love it!