Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh, the pain

Two and a half weeks ago, I ran a half marathon. And this wasn't just any half marathon! The first 8.5 miles were uphill. Yes, you heard me! Uphill! but the last 4.5 miles were downhill, so once I reached 8.5, I felt like I was as good as done!

I went with a few of my running buddies (otherwise I would never have gone!) And, although I was not excited about going, it felt so good when we were done.

(Thanks for the picture Garianne. I borrowed it from you!)

However, since then I haven't run once! So today I decided it HAD to be done. I ran four miles and survived....barely.

Good grief.

Oh well, serves me right.


2 comments:

Hewards said...

My pictures are your pictures Em. Hope you're doing well, I MISS YOU!

Julie said...

Way to go Emily!! Ouch! The first part was uphill??? That is crazy! Great job!