Sunday, May 17, 2009

And so we say goodbye to Squishy

There has been a death in the neighborhood. And as the friendly neighborhood photographer, I went to document.


Squishy was a chicken. Her grave site was lovingly decorated with rhubarb leaves, a tulip, and a "gravestone"....compliments of Caitlyn. Also, the leaves have been "decorated" and filled with little messages.


This is Caitlyn. And one of her chickens. Did I mention that my neighbors have about a bazillion chickens? Guess where I'll be going when I run out of eggs!

Caitlyn is Maddy's buddy. They are two peas in a pod. Both share a love of the outdoors and all small creatures. Both have a very unique style sense, as in NO style sense! Both have a flair for creativity (hence, the grave site). Caitlyn is always full of good stories.


Once I was finished documenting the death of poor Squishy, the kids began bombarding me with photo shoot ops.

"Take one of me trying to catch the chicken!"

"Take one of the chicken flying through the air!"

"Take one of me holding the chicken!"




I'll tell you what, it was good entertainment. And I thought all chickens were good for was their eggs!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh poor, poor Squishy! That is so cute that they had a little buriel for him/her...?? Love the little note they put on it! That is so cute!

Laura Barrett said...

Oh boy, that sure brings back memories of when I was a little girl on my parents farm we had a graveyard for all our little farm friends that passed away. Funny thing, I had no idea the Stokes had chickens!

Sarah Stokes said...

That is adorable. I love the little things caitlyn does and says - she is a crack up. As I have a new found love for chickens , poor little squishy may he rest in peace :)