Monday, February 23, 2009

Reverence Issues

Yesterday, upon entering the chapel prior to Sacrament meeting, I was accosted by three of my children, all primary age.

"Mom! They asked Luke to give a prayer next week in primary!"

I was just finishing a conversation with a friend, so I did not pay much attention.

"OK," I responded distractedly.

"No, mom! They asked Luke to give a prayer in primary next week!"

"OK, that's great," I once again replied.

"No mom! They asked Luke to give a prayer in primary!!"

Finally, sensing their urgency, I turned to give them my full attention. They handed me this.



The looks on their faces told me they were worried, and when I assured them that it would be fine, they responded by informing me that he would have to give a prayer and be reverent while doing so.

Hmmm...now I could see the problem. Luke, the jokester, who can't seem to manage to sit quietly through any prayer, let alone give the prayer without making crazy noises, talking like a monster, or just laughing at himself.

Well, this ought to be interesting!

3 comments:

Chelsie said...

Thats awesome. Good luck with that!!

Jill said...

So how did it go? ;)

Emily said...

Amazingly, he did great! He actually stood up there and with the help of his older brother, said the whole prayer with no breaking into hysterics in the middle. Shocker!