Monday, March 2, 2009

What A Week

Where have I been for the past week? I'd say two words can just about sum it up. Sick Baby.

My poor little Ben has been absolutely miserable, coughing his brains out, slightly feverish, runny nose, exhausted....you know the drill.


Ben and his poor dad, who has also been sick, kept each other company from time to time.


Now, a week and a half later and two ear infections later he is once again the Ben we all know and love. He is back to his usual tricks, emptying any cupboard or drawer he can get his hands on, stomping up and down and crying whenever he feels the need to throw a tantrum, laughing, playing, snuggling.

I knew Ben was back to his usual self when he came running as soon as he heard me turn on the bathtub. For the past week, baths have been anything but pleasurable. He would just cry and cry when I put him in the bathtub, because you see, it would require me actually putting him down! But for a fish like Ben, crying over bath time is not the norm.

Oh, it is so good to have my happy Ben back!



Oh, by the way, on top of a sick baby, it was also project week around here. Both Scott and Josh had big projects due, and although they did most of the work themselves, when it came time for the final display, they needed a bit of help from mom and dad! I would have to say they turned out great.


1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh I hate when my little ones get sick and are just not "themselves"! Glad he and Brek are feeling better though! They must have a great nurse!:)