Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ben



My little Ben is not so little anymore. He is sort of in that in between stage where they're not so much a baby anymore, but not quite a toddler yet, either. He is still my baby, but he is becoming so independent!

He refuses to let anyone feed him, and any attempt results in food being flung across the kitchen.

He runs around the house, getting into mischief in general, tearing things out of drawers, throwing things down the stairs, etc. He follows Luke around, "playing" with him. He reaches up on his tiptoes to try and open door knobs (oh please, not yet!)



Ben has mastered the fine art of communication....in his own way. I wouldn't expect you to understand him, as it's not exactly the traditional speaking of English. However, I understand him quite well. His squeals and gestures, accompanied by an occasional ma-ma, uh-oh, or da-da are perfectly understandable (that is if you're his mama). Although he is a man of few words (perhaps he's considering a career being a mime), he seems to have a good understanding of the English language, responding to whatever I say. You see, we understand each other perfectly!

(OK, OK, not exactly perfectly.)

He is quite adept at throwing tantrums whenever his requests are refused. Perhaps, instead of a mime, he is considering a career in acting, for you see, he is quite convincing in his tirades. When unhappy, he is able to turn on the tears like you wouldn't believe. High pitched screams and quivering lip convince us all that he is in dire need of help! However, the moment he is given what he wants, the tears and screaming immediately stop.

Hmmmm.

But yet, he is still my baby. The one with the cute little feet (I do love babies feet!) The one who snuggles up to me sucking his thumb. The one who loves to get in bed with me and snuggle and "pounce" on me (he thinks he is pretty funny).

He is my joy (one of them, anyway.)

No comments: