Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I want mom!

Lately, Luke has wanted nothing to do with anybody but me when it comes to bedtime. Last week, Brek asked Josh to take him up and get him ready for bed, which resulted in mayhem. Josh was trying to pull him up the stairs, but had to keep prying Luke's hands off the railing where he had a death grip.

Luke was screaming, "I want mom to put me to bed!"

If Brek puts him to bed, we deal with similar melt-downs.

One night, in order to escape while Brek put the kids to bed, I locked myself in my bathroom. (It isn't easy being so popular, you know.) Luke came banging on the door. I told him to let dad tuck him and I would come give him a kiss as soon as I could.

Finally, I felt it was safe to emerge without being bombarded. However, as I walked out of my bathroom, I found this.

Kicked back and relaxed....patiently waiting for mom, he had fallen asleep on my bedroom floor (jammies and pull-up laying nearby). I've got to hand it to him. He is one persistent little guy.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sounds like you have the same problem I do, no one will go to bed unless I tuck them in. Lukey is getting so grown up. I like how he has his little legs crossed, hilarious!