Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Calgon, Take Me Away

Do you ever want to quit? Just throw in the towel and walk away?

Well, I do.

What do I want to quit? Well....life, basically.

I get so tired of ALL the fighting and arguing. And then I just get so tired of being so tired! And I just don't know how to cope, and I think my brain isn't working, because why can't I think of some good way to get them to STOP. I just look at them and the chaos surrounding me, and just want to throw my hands in the air and walk away.

My house is falling apart around me, the laundry is ALWAYS there, and I just want to go crawl in my bed and hide!

But, I won't.

Because I'm not a quitter. And I know life isn't supposed to be easy. AND I know that in the end, the struggle is worth it. AND I know that I am not alone.

Besides, after the guilt trip I laid on my kids this morning, I'm pretty sure they feel very sorry for their poor mother and they will be little angels tonight....right?

A gal can always dream, you know!

5 comments:

steph said...

Calgon is on its way! I will bring it right over. Wait, I thought I had some but I just looked and it is epsom salt. Sorry. Hope your day gets brighter and kids get better. It is okay to rest though - you go getter who never stops!

Mommo said...

I am with you sista! I never imagined it would be so hard. The fighting is "hands down" the most difficult part of parenting. We cannot quit though so just grab a chocolate bar and smile while they are fighting.

Lovell Home said...

I could send you my three to add to the chaos.

It is ironic because this years theme in primary is eternal family. I am almost sure that there is not this much fighting and arguing in heaven.

I tried to implement that if they fought with one another, they had to do some household chore together, but that usually backfires and there is more arguing.

I think I quit at least once a day so you are not alone on that one.

It doesn't help that it is so cold and the kids are inside almost all the day.

Jill said...

Thank you and you are not alone! I feel the same way every day and I turn into the wicked witch to my kids... I never knew I could be so mean! Then I feel guilty and terrible and wonder if it's worth it too...we know it is, it's just hard to see in that moment. You are an amazing mom and I wish I did half the things you do with/for your kids. I know you guys get up way early, and I am NOT a morning person... that right there is impressive to me!

Julie said...

Em, I wish I lived closer! I have TONS of Calgon! And I use it quite often! EVERY NIGHT actually! That is my 10 minutes of Serenity at the end of every overly chaotic day! You are not alone! I think we all feel overwhelmed most of the time! Hang in there!