Friday, February 6, 2009

Muscle Boy

It is 9 pm. Past bedtime.

Luke: I need to do my push-ups before I go to bed, mom.
Me: No Luke, it is too late. You can do push-ups tomorrow.

Luke: Pleeeaaase mom! I will do them very clickly (quickly)!!
Me: (how could I refuse such a plea) OK, very quickly.

Luke drops to the ground to do his push-ups. (I am not sure why he felt the need to do push-ups. For the record, this is not a normal part of our nightly routine.)

Luke's "push-ups" are not exactly the typical push-up. He lays flat on the floor, then lifts his behind into the air over and over. He huffs and puffs as though he were really working hard, then sighs in relief when he finishes.


I'm not sure he's doing much strength training, but it makes for good entertainment!

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

That is awesome. I think that I am going to start doing my push ups that way. Who knows...maybe be is starting a new trend that is suppose to shape and sculpt your abs and behind. I am not sure how that relates push ups, but it is revolutionary none the less. Thanks for posting this...It made me laugh and smile. Love you!

Julie said...

Oh my heck! That is so funny! I love that he was so insistant on having to do them!! What a cute little picture too!