Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day has come and gone, but here is a quick recap.

The morning began with a 4 mile run, which I enjoyed because it wasn't 5 am. But on the other hand, I did miss my running buddies.

Then home to shower and begin preparing food....rolls, salad, pies.

The kids helped some, then headed out to play. Luke and Maddy stuck around for a while to help me make the rolls. They liked trying to form the rolls, and they especially liked trying to sneak tastes of the dough (yuck!) The boys headed out to play football with a few friends.





When they caught wind that it was pie making time, they all appeared. Chocolate pie with snickers, chocolate pie with butterfinger, and chocolate pie with reeses. These were their requests. Other people had been assigned to make the more traditional desserts, but who can have Thanksgiving without chocolate pie?! My kids like to help because they get to sneak many tastes of chocolate pudding, whip cream, and candy bars.

Then off to Grandma and Grandpa Burtenshaw's house for dinner. This is where I would insert a picture of the delicious feast....beef medallions, smoked turkey, mashed potatoes (nobody makes them like my dad), rolls, stuffing, etc. Delish!! I would also insert a picture of my family and all the fun we had....IF.....I had taken any pictures! Alas, my camara sat unused throughout the remainder of the day. So, you will just have to take my word for it!

No comments: