Monday, December 15, 2008

Joy and Sorrow

Today has been a day filled with emotions....nervousness, joy, frustration, pride, sadness, worry.

I felt nervous for Scott as he went to basketball tryouts.

Brek said, "You were nervous for Scott?!"

I guess it must be a mom thing. If he makes it, I will be excited for him. If he doesn't make it, I will be sad with him. But whatever the outcome, life will go on and we will find happiness.

I felt joy as I watched my little Ben toddle around the house, giving me random kisses. Ben is growing so quickly and delights me. He is full of life and personality. He loves to laugh, and when I say he gives me kisses, it is the open-mouth variety. He simply opens his mouth and leans in!

I felt proud as I watched my boys perform their piano pieces tonight at a recital. It's the good kind of pride...the kind where you see someone work so hard, and you're proud of what they have accomplished.

I felt frustrated with whining, and kids not listening. Please tell me I am not the only one who experiences this on a daily basis!

And most of all, I have felt sadness and heart ache for my friend Lana and her family who received bad news today on Emma's condition.

I have worried about little Emma, and the toll this trial is taking on her mom and dad. Jeff and Lana learned today that Emma is going to need a bone marrow transplant. She has developed some sort of chromosomal defect due to the leukemia (this is quite rare), and therefore, will be undergoing a bone marrow transplant.

Lana will post an update on Emma's condition with more details here.

My dear friend...my heart is aching for you. How I wish I could do SOMETHING! I feel helpless.

Please pray for them!

No comments: