Friday, December 5, 2008

I love a good tree!

The day after Thanksgiving has become the day when all Pillings dress warm and head for the hills in hopes of finding the perfect Christmas tree. It has become tradition. The kids run around--exploring, playing games, riding four wheelers, etc. There is a huge fire built to warm cold hands and feet. This is typically where I can be found, as I am usually holding a baby or unstable toddler.

This year was unusually cold, thanks to the wind. However, this year also produced some beautiful Christmas trees!








On the way home, the kids unthawed while watching a movie. Nothing like modern conveniences to keep your kids quiet. They become zombies...notice the vacant expressions.




The next day was spent decorating. Would you be surprised if I told you it took a good 3 hours to string the lights on our tree?! Our tree is a good 14 feet tall, you know! Our house is now sparkly and Christmasy! I love it!

3 comments:

Jill said...

What a fun tradition! we used to do that when I was little with my family... but my poor kids have a fake tree because we are too lazy to do anything else. :)

Julie said...

That tree is ginormous! I am jealous! We are doing the fake tree thing but I have lots of Christmas tree scents burning in the house so it smells like a real one! I love that tradition! We did that growing up too! I can't believe how grown up your 11 year old, Scott looks in the first picture! He is adorable!

Heather said...

that tree is a beauty! Merry Christmas.