Monday, August 18, 2008

How Quickly They Grow


My how you've grown my little Ben! Imagine....just a couple of months ago I doubted that you would ever crawl. This doubt stemmed from the extreme dislike you had for your belly. Anytime you would find yourself on your stomach, you would scream. And I do mean scream! Occasionally you would roll over, but you quickly learned that produced undesirable results, and so gave up rolling all together.

But look at you now! Not only are you crawling, but you are learning all sorts of new tricks. You are learning that you can make funny noises with your tongue, you wave Hi, you call out Ma-ma-ma-ma when you are in general distress, and you are starting to pull yourself up onto things.

And, on top of all that, you have two new teeth, which both poked through on the same day. Yes, it's true...two teeth in one day!



It is amazing to me how you have seemed to grow so much overnight! When you began crawling you probably didn't think too highly of it. But that could be because you always seemed to crawl backwards. Actually, I don't really think it could be classified as a crawl, but rather a scoot. How frustrating for you. As you tried to work your way towards some sort of treasure, you would instead find yourself moving farther and farther away from it, until you would end up in some far-off corner of the room. But, now there is no stopping you!



Boy do I love you!! Especially when you snuggle up to me, sucking your thumb in that oh so cute way you do. I know, I know....sucking your thumb is not a good thing, but it is awfully cute!

2 comments:

Extraordinary Housewife said...

What? Sucking your thumb is not a good thing? I still suck my thumb and also still call out "mama mama mama" when I am in general distress.

It never really ends.

-Lana

Chelsie said...

Oh my Gosh! He is so cute! I could just kiss his face off and squeeze him to death! I wish I was related to him! Oh wait?! I am! Miss you guys lots! I love you!