Friday, August 1, 2008

Date Night

For Brek and I....

and Luke.


As Brek and I were leaving, Luke came running out of the house crying to go with us. We decided to bring him along, and let me just say that we had a great time! We thoroughly enjoyed the time we got to spend with our little Lukey. We are in complete agreement that he is just about the cutest thing around!


He loved golfing with us, and carried his golf club with him the entire time. He carried a couple balls in his pockets, and hopped out to hit a ball every now and then. He especially loved golfing when we got close to the hole. He always had his eye out for the flags, or "blags" as he would call them. He would drop his ball near the green and smack it. One time he hit the ball and it rolled to within inches of the hole! He ran up, gently nudged the ball into the hole, then yelled, "Woo-hoo! I made a birdie!"

If you asked me yesterday what Luke thought a birdie was, I would have told you a bird...you know, like the ones that fly around and build nests. But apparently Luke is up on his golfing lingo enough to know that a birdie has something to do with the ball going into the hole!

He was also very helpful....running to retrieve balls and tees, helping drive the cart (good thing he's got a few years to practice before hitting the real road!), and giving helpful tips along the way.

One of these helpful tips was given to me as I was putting. After I hit the ball, Luke pointed to the hole and said, "No mom. It goes in here."

Thanks Luke. I'm sure I'll do much better next time!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

What a cutie, I am just loving Conner at this age, he is getting so independent and saying some of the most off the wall things. I'm sure he learns none of it from the TV! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing, shouldn't Luke still be a baby? Sure seems like it to me!