Thursday, October 15, 2009

Meat On My Bones

On Sunday Brek made a roast in the crock pot. However, after church, dad called and said we were welcome to come over and eat because they had tons of extras, including his famous mashed potatoes. Most of my kids happily passed on the roast and crock pot potatoes, anticipating yummy mashed potatoes. But Syd wanted some of dad's delicious dinner. (Brek wasn't too offended. He was thrilled to have tons of leftovers to take for lunches.)

As I was scooping out the potatoes and carrots, I asked her if she wanted any meat. (Most of my kids are not huge meat eaters. Sometimes they like it....sometimes not.)

She looked at me and said emphatically, "YES! I love meat. And besides, Mr. Larson said I really need to start putting some meat on my bones."

I guess she took him literally!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I would have to say, you ALL need some meat on your bones! LOL

Sarah Stokes said...

Yup Em, Mare said it and I am gonna have to agree with her true statement! Congrats on your boy, it was really fun getting to "glance" at you all the other day for lunch, wished I'd had the chance to actually chit chat :)