Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Go-go-go-Maddy

Tonight was rough. I was tired and worn out, the house was in disarray, there was chaos and NOISE everywhere, and Ben was up to his usual tricks (today's highlights were: smashing pears and bananas on the floor and then getting into my makeup and making a general mess of EVERYTHING). I was frustrated, and frankly out of patience.

However, in the midst of it all....well, after everything had been cleaned up anyway, I sat at my computer to help Syd with some homework....thinking to myself "does it ever end??" Still tired, still frustrated. It was at this point in time I noticed Madelyn. She was "rockin' out" to Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat, which Brek had playing on the iPod. It was as though she was completely oblivious of anyone else in the room. She was dancing all over the place....head flipping, hair flying, body moving. It was the cutest thing! And despite myself, I couldn't help but smile. And the more I watched, the more I smiled.

Thanks Madelyn for cheering me up!

No comments: