Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We Did It!!


We survived the spudman!! OK, I survived the spudman and Brek enjoyed the spudman. He did awesome, as usual. (Oh, by the way. For those of you who are wondering what on earth I am talking about, the spudman is a triathlon. You swim a mile, bike 24 miles, and run 6 miles. The great thing about the spudman is that you swim in the Snake River, which has a current to help you along!)

Brek finished in 2 hours 20 minutes and I finished in 2 hours 43 minutes. I was thrilled, because I was hoping to finish in 3 hours. He felt great afterwards, and I was exhausted!! The run just about killed me. I had to force myself to keep running. But....I finished!

The best part of the race was the finish. OK, that is a given, but it really was THE BEST! Brek was standing on the other side of the finish line waiting for me. He threw his arms around me, scooped me off the ground, and spun me around. He was so proud of me! I love that man!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well to be honest I didn't know it was Emily I was picking up so don't get the wrong idea. I just saw some hot babe coming across the finish line and wanted a hug. I didn't know she was going to be that responsive. Emotions just get out of hand after you have pushed yourself for 2.5 hrs.

Natalie said...

Great job Em!!
I am so proud of you and so impressed!
You guys look so cute and so happy in that picture!
Way to go girl!

Chelsie said...

Congrats Em! I am so proud of you! Thats an amazing accomplishment! What a cute picture of you and Brek!

Extraordinary Housewife said...

Brek thought it was me coming across the finish line.

By the way, you run 6.2 miles in the spudman. That .2 makes all the difference in the world.

-Lana

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Way to go! That is definitely something to be proud of!

Marilyn said...

You rock Emily, I can't even imagine doing the whole spudman, let alone one leg of it. Athletic competitions are definitely not up my alley...now give me a scrap-off and I'm definitely in! Way to go, you should be sooo proud of yourself!