Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Five days before the Spudman? You have got to be kidding me!

It happened.

The one thing I dreaded happening....well, it happened.

When Brek brought a shiny new bike home for me a couple of months ago, I was excited, but also a little bit scared. OK, I was a lot scared! Shoes that clip into the pedals? I mean, come on. That is just asking for trouble!

But, I survived the first ride, with Brek as my guide. I followed him, listened to his instructions, and actually found it to be not all that scary.

The weeks went by. I got braver and braver. I ventured out on my own. I felt more and more at ease. I enjoyed biking way more than running. And then it happened.

CRASH-O-RAMA!




I wish I could tell you I crashed in some glorious manner, but sadly.....that is not to be. How did I crash? I am embarrassed to tell you, but here it is. I ran right into Brek! Way to go Emily!

So, why am I smiling in the picture? Because I am HOME! I felt some serious nausea after crashing, and was very relieved that it passed long enough for me to ride home. My kids, and several neighbor kids were all playing in the driveway, and now I am some sort of super mom who crashed on my bike and lived to tell about it!

Go Mom.

7 comments:

Sarah Stokes said...

Oh my Gosh!! Emily why the heck did you run into Brek? What is going on with your vision, did you have your contacts on? That looks really painful, I hope you know that in the Spudman, there will be like 100 targets for you to run into not just 1, so BE CAREFUL!

Lovell Home said...

I feel your pain. I still have scars from my crash in April. The simple crashes are the worst. Once I fell over standing in the driveway.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Glad you lived through it with no broken bones! If I had done that to Jeremy I'm sure he would've said you were just admiring my rippling muscles and were blinded by them. I imagine you heard something similar from your man haha!

Extraordinary Housewife said...

Your wounds looks much worse than you described them to me.

I am not happy about this at all.

Keep on keeping on!

Clips are of the devil!!

-Lana

Marilyn said...

OUCH! Holy cow, I think you are taking this Spudman thing to seriously! Isn't this supposed to be, well, FUN?!!! Good luck this weekend, try not to add any more injuries okay?

Chelsie said...

One of my memories of you is when you had first moved into your new house in Burley. It was christmas time and you were in your house making sugar cookies and dancing to Celine Dions christmas album. Feliz Navidad to be exact. The whole thing reminded me so much of Mom and how it was so similar to how it was at our house during the holidays. I loved it. On a side note, I am very sorry that you fell on your bike. Maybe next time you shoudln't run into Brek. Glad your ok though. Love your guts!!

Heidi said...

Emily, holy cow!! And you still did the Spudman! You are a tough girl. That scares me to bike.
Ouchie!! Heidi