Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Begins

Summer has begun. The yard work is endless, and there is baseball a-plenty! But, our yard is finally looking beautiful once again (in my ever so humble opinion), and so far we have not had any freezing cold baseball games (big improvement from last year.)

A few baseball highlights of the week:

Syd made a double play tonight, catching a pop fly then tagging a runner out. Boy was she the hero of the game!!

Madelyn hit the ball! On purpose! She was so excited, and is getting better and better every game. She is starting to swing more normal and less like a girl (phewsh), and even chases after balls every now and then!

Josh pitched and did a great job! No runs were scored, and he had several strikeouts.

Even Scott who opted not to play this year, gets in on the action with church softball. Good times, I tell you.

Ben spends his time raiding people's dugouts. He commandeers a helmet, bat, and ball. He then hands me the ball and grunts. (In Ben language that means, "Throw me the ball mom so I can hit it." I am an amazing translator you know.) Ben's "hitting" consists of him holding the bat up, while I throw the ball at his bat and "hit" it. Sometimes Luke tries to get in on the action, but he is a bit more deadly with a baseball bat than Ben, who can barely raise the bat off the ground. Thus Luke has to be content to just run around.

Speaking of Luke, did I ever mention that he is hilarious? Yesterday morning he came into my room and said, "Mom, will you snuggle me? I'm so cold!" I, of course, could not resist such a request, and up he came. He snuggled right up next to me, then turned to me and said, "You're a platypus."

What a guy!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh I needed a good laugh today! That Ben is hilarious! I can't stop laughing! What would we do without our kids? And I think it is a perfect compliment to be called a "Platypus" by your little one who loves you so much! He must think Platypus' are pretty GREAT!
Ahhh...thanks! That made me happy just reading that cute little thing!

Julie said...

ooops! I meant to say LUKE! But Ben is so cute too! Love that he wants to be playing baseball and doing what the big kids are doing!