Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lukey Skywalker Pilling


Happy Birthday my little Lukey!

4 years old?! How can that be? It seems just yesterday I was holding you in my arms for the first time. You have been a joy and delight in our home from the moment you entered it. I think it would be safe to say that we all ADORE you!

Here are 4 (OK, maybe 5) of the things I love about you.

1. I love, love, love your smile! And I especially love the way you scrunch up your nose when you laugh. It is too cute!

2. I love the way you go around the house calling everybody a platypus. Do you even know what a platypus is? I'm thinking no.

3. I love the way you barter with me.
Me (at bedtime): Do you want me to sing you a song Luke?
Luke: Ummm, how about 5 songs.
Me: Ummm, how about two songs.
Luke: OK, how about two songs.....wait....how about you sing I Hope They Call Me On a Mission 4 times, and then sing one more song.
(You usually win and we sing your favorites--I hope they call me on a mission and Nephi's Courage--over and over. And Ben dances and squeals while I sing, and we laugh.)

4. I love the way you came into my room this morning to see me. I wasn't quite awake, so you climbed up on my bed and kissed me on the forehead. I love the way you climb into bed with me in the morning and snuggle with me (a summertime luxury).

5. I love the way you call yourself Lukey Skywalker. When I correct you and tell you your name is Luke Ammon, you strongly disagree. So, Lukey Skywalker it is!

I asked you today if you would please stop growing, but you told me no.

Darn.

I was hoping you would stay little forever!

I love you my little friend!!

No comments: