Thursday, November 6, 2008

To Bose or not to Bose

Like his dad, Ben loves music. His dad has shared music with him from the time he was a tiny baby. Ben loves it when his dad sings to him. He has always loved it. Have you ever heard the phrase 'Music tames the savage beast'? Well, often times that is a reality in my home.

When Brek is in charge of keeping Ben out of trouble, out comes the guitar. When Ben cries because it is time to go to bed, out comes the guitar. Brek is teaching Ben at an early age that Bose headphones are the only way to go. Much better quality of sound.

A couple of nights ago, I put Luke and Ben to bed. While I was still in the room, tidying a few things up, Brek walked in with his guitar. He sat down and began playing. Simon and Garfunkel resonated throughout the room. Ben squealed with glee, jumped up, and began dancing and singing along. A picture just doesn't do justice. The girls gathered around and we all laughed and danced with Ben.

Families are great, you know. In them are found many small moments of delight. How lucky I am!



2 comments:

Chelsie said...

That might just be the cutest thing I have ever seen. Music does the soul good. Although,I am not sure we were ever taught that as kids. We just hate music. Thanks for the posts! I love keeping in touch with you that way.

Julie said...

Hey Em! I got your blog off your facebook! your family is so so cute! I love blogs cause they can keep us all connected even when we are all around the world! Check out mine if you want!
www.bradysbunch5.blogspot.com