Monday, November 24, 2008

My friend in need

My heart is breaking for my dear friend Lana who has just learned that her 8 year old daughter has leukemia. Emma is such an amazing girl. She loves life. She always has a huge smile and many stories to tell me. She is always writing or drawing something, and she always has some sort of little treasure or two or three with her. I love this little girl. I love her mama. I wish I could take the hurt away. I wish I could take the pain away. I can't stand to see these people who I love so very much suffer. If anyone out there is reading this, will you please include them in your prayers.

How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who knows and loves us. He knows the Gibbons family and he will not leave them alone in this their hour of need.

6 comments:

marianne said...

Emily,
Sheesh, you go on vacationa and the whole world falls apart! I share your concern and love for them and know you are and will be such a strength to Lana as you always are. We miss you and can't wait for you to come HOME!!
Love
Mare M

Extraordinary Housewife said...

Thank you. I love you too and really can't do this without my friends.

-Lana

Jill said...

Okay I am crying my eyes out reading this and the Extraordinary Housewives blog. I don't know Lana, but I know how hard that would be to face if one of my kids got sick like that. I will pray for Lana and her family. I hope it's all good news in the next coming months.

Natalie said...

Em, I am so terribly sorry! i have only met lana a few times...but i think she is such a neat girl. You two seem to have such a great friendship and you are such a great person that I know lana will be so happy to have you there by her side.
I will keep them in my prayers, my heart hurts for her!

Julie said...

That really is so so sad. One of my best friend about 5 years ago found out her 3 year old had Leukemia. I remember the sadness I felt and hurt for her. It was a long road to recovery but they did it and she has been in remission for 2 years and is doing AMAZING! Luckily, they had so much they can do! We will keep them in our prayers!

Chelsie said...

Em,

I am sorry to hear about Lana. It makes me so sad. She is such an amazing person and what a thing to have happen. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I will definitely keep them in our prayers and thoughts. I love you! Glad you are home from your trip!