Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Good Day

An amazing thing happened today. I asked the kids to behave themselves AND....... they actually did!

Our neighbors invited us over for breakfast, and before leaving I asked the kids to please behave and be polite AND be non-destructive. And you know what? They actually did it. They were very well-behaved....for the entire time! Who would've thought?!

Tonight Syd and I played our violins together at a community concert. I was SO proud of her as I watched her play. She is such an amazing little girl. Tonight when I tucked her into bed, I told her how proud I was of her, and how much everybody loved watching her play. Her little eyes sparkled, and the corners of her mouth turned up ever so slightly as she tried not to show how extremely pleased she was at the compliment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have the greatest job ever. It's not bliss...life is not perfect. But there is indescribable joy that makes everything worth it!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

good job sid!!
you do such a great job as a mom emily! i am always amazed at your kids. they all excel at so many things!
good job mom!

Chelsie said...

Em~

I know that I already told you this, but Mom would have loved that peformance the other night. It was so amazing to watch you and Syd. You guys were so awesome! I am so glad that I got to be there.