Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Little Things

Today is Sunday.

Sunday, for me, is not exactly a day of rest. Trying to fulfill my church callings, which include teaching a YW lesson and directing the choir, getting all the kids ready and to church, surviving sacrament meeting with Ben, meetings, and of course the usual of feeding everyone, cleaning the kitchen again and again, trying to find things to keep the kids occupied during the long Sunday afternoon, etc.

But at the end of the day, my little Luke helped me to remember why I love being a mom, despite the exhaustion. And why I am so happy to be bringing another little guy into our home, even though I know it will make life even more crazy.

At the end of the day, when everything finally slowed down, everybody sat down to watch the Olympics together. I went into my room for something and Luke followed me in.

From behind me, I heard, "Mom, will you come snuggle me?"

Those few simple words melted my heart. There is nothing that could compare with being a mom. I ask you, where else do you get such rewards?




P.S. I have a confession to make. Until two days ago, I had NO idea that the Olympics were even happening. How's that for being out of the loop?

4 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

It's a good think google had a picture of the Olympics on Friday or I wouldn't have had a clue either!

Sharon said...

Ya gotta love Luke! :) You could probably write a book!

Heather said...

snuggle bugs are the best...Thanks for reminding me that I should slow down and enjoy those rare opportunities.

steph said...

So sweet!