Saturday, September 12, 2009

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home

Ahhh, it's good to be home.

After a great week spent in Alaska (that's right folks....ALASKA!), we are finally home. The kids did great while we were gone. Our babysitters, Aubrey and Trevor, did such a great job. The kids loved them! I have been informed that Trevor is an "awesome cook". (This may have something to do with some sort of dessert pizza he made!) And tonight, when I was in the kitchen with my back turned towards Maddy, she said, "Mom! I almost called you Aubrey!"

Saturday morning we were sitting in the SLC airport, waiting for our final flight....(what a LONG trip home!) Anyway, my phone rang and it was 'home' calling.

I thought, "Oh, the kids are probably calling to see when we are going to be home, because they are dying to see us!"

When I answered the phone, it was Josh. Our conversation went something like this.

Josh: "Hi mom, I just have a question to ask you."
Me: "OK, shoot."
Josh: "Ummm, so if somebody asks you to do the kitchen floor, does that mean you have to sweep AND mop it?"
Me: "Yes Josh, it would be great if you would do both."
Josh: "OK, see ya mom."

Nice!

So much for missing us!! J/K Actually, they were way excited to see us, and we were way excited to see them!

We took about a jillion pictures, and I will post some soon. Alaska is gorgeous!! But it's true what they say, you know.

There really is no place like home!

No comments: