Monday, July 13, 2009

The Fun Never Ends!

When summer began this year, I thought to myself, "This is going to be such a relaxing summer. We really don't have much planned. I hope we don't get bored!"

HA!

What was I thinking????

Apparently I wasn't thinking! I forgot that baseball is all consuming for a month or so. I forgot that I have two kids with birthdays in June, and a niece and nephew both getting baptized in July. I forgot that I had girls camp....oh, and I must have forgotten that they put me in charge of the food! I must have forgotten that I had a family reunion. And I must have forgotten that you actually have to train a little bit if you plan on doing a triathlon. (What's that all about?!) Oh, and of course I forgot about swimming lessons....and gymnastics camp....and weeds that never quit growing....and kids that NEVER quit making messes....and....and....and....

You get the picture.

But I'll tell you what I didn't forget. My brother is coming home from his mission on July 22nd!! Yeah! We are so excited! Being the baby brother in a home full of girls, he is the first to serve a mission. We are SO proud of him!

I have taken a million pictures this summer which I would love to post, but where's the time?! (Did I mention Brek gave me a new camera for my birthday?! And did I further mention that I L-O-V-E it!)

Anywho, the pictures will continue to sit on my laptop, flashing across the screen every now and then....that is when we leave my laptop open. You see, we try to avoid that ever since Ben destroyed my keyboard by popping all the keys off! (Did I mention Ben is a monster? A very cute monster mind you, but a monster, nonetheless. He is one strong-willed, fiesty, little dude!)

And his brothers are teaching him all sorts of tricks. Yikes!

5 comments:

Sarah Stokes said...

Hey crazy woman! When is the triathlon? Training, what training, aren't you all ready just naturally ready for one, I am sure you are. What kind of camera did you get?

Julie said...

So cute! I can't believe your little brother is on a mission ready to come home! Wow! Summers are really crazy! I don't know why we ever think..(dream) that they will be relaxing! Sounds like you guys are having a great one though!

Heidi said...

Emily I'm feelin ya on girls camp! I'm sure you had a blast and absolutely no sleep!

Lauren said...

Sounds busy:). I wish we could have come up for Davids homecoming! We too are so proud of him! Your kids are so adorable Emily, next time your in Utah lets go swimming again!

Kimberly @ Raising Olives said...

Our summer has also flown and was packed with way too many activities for my comfort.

I'm looking forward to a calmer pace during the fall.

Kimberly - Momma of 9