Monday, February 25, 2008

It's Potty Time



Yes, Luke has been potty training, and is doing quite well I might add. And while I am thrilled to be done with diapers, there are a few things that...well, let's just say are less than fun!


First, consider the aim of a little boy. It is not the greatest. I walked into the bathroom today and found a huge puddle on the floor. Luke was sitting on the potty. At first I assumed he didn't make it in time, but after assessing the situation I realized he had in fact made it in time, but instead of peeing in the toilet, he had shot right over the toilet seat and peed all over the floor! Lucky me! We go from peeing in a contained diaper to sitting on the toilet and peeing on the floor.


Second, independent two year olds are not the best bum wipers. Enough said on that!


Third, grocery shopping with a potty trainer can be a slight inconvenience. Why is it they always have to go to the bathroom when you are as far away from the bathroom as possible? Or standing in the checkout line? Or just in a huge hurry with very limited time to spend in the grocery store!? But of course you don't dare tell them to hold it. When they gotta go, they gotta go!


All in all, however, I would have to say we are on our way. 9 times out of 10 Luke either tells me he has to go to the bathroom, or I see him running around the house like a bull-legged (or however you spell it) cowboy. That is a sure sign that he has to go---NOW! And as for the independet "wiper", he is finally starting to rely more on my wiping abilites--thankyou Luke!


Oh, the joy!

3 comments:

Heather said...

how do you do it! Creed is completely content and tells me he is fine being a baby. He doesn't need to be a big boy and go in the potty. I remember Mack was the same way he was well over 3 before he trained. So congrats to you!

Mommo said...

Emily,
I just found you blog from Michele. It is so nice to see your beautiful family. I can't believe Luke's hair. He is so adorable. Where does he get the curls? Happy bum wiping.
Cindy Floyd

pillingfamily said...

those are the precise three reasons i haven't started training whitney yet. plus i'm waiting until after the two long road trips we have planed.