Friday, March 12, 2010

Welcome Home


Do you believe in modern day miracles? Because I am looking at one right now.

He is quite tiny, very helpless, and makes my heart want to burst with love. He goes by the name of Will. Isn't it amazing how you can love somebody SO much, even though you have just barely met?!

A week and a half ago I had a very large, round belly, and now I have a new little baby boy.

Welcome little Will! William Kent Pilling decided to enter this world on his due date....with 3 minutes to spare. He was born at 11:57 p.m., just three minutes shy of being born on Syd's birthday. He weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. and was 20 in. long. He is just perfect in every way. We absolutely adore him!

The delivery went well, despite the fact that the entire room was spinning and I felt totally drugged. Definitely a new reaction to the epidural. But it went quickly, and now it is done. Yeah!




The kids were sorely disappointed that they couldn't come visit at the hospital (a new rule, I guess). They were so excited to meet their new little brother! Maddy even came with her grandma and grandpa and peeked in my hospital room so she could see him. Monday morning I returned home, and Monday afternoon the kids came running home to meet Will. We threw over everything for the day....no gymnastics, dance, etc. so we could just enjoy our new little baby.

One thing is certain. Will is not going to suffer from lack of love or attention! It is my job to referee when the kids all argue about whose turn it is to hold Will. This especially takes place when they figure they are going to be sitting still anyway....during home evening, scripture study, movie time, etc.

The kids love to help give Will baths. Will wasn't too thrilled with his first bath, but he had Josh and Syd right there to soothe him. Each of them held one of his little hands and they sang primary songs oh so sweetly. They were convinced that was just what he needed! It was quite cute to see them so concerned that their baby brother was distraught, and very sweet to watch them try to calm him.

Ben is quite interested in this new little person that is like a real live doll who cries and moves and everything! Ben sometimes stops his running and romping to rub Will on the head or kiss him on the head. Every now and then he stops and demands to hold him, which means I hold Will up and Ben wraps his arms around him for maybe 2 seconds. Then he is off again.

I have a feeling these three will be great little buddies, as well as great partners in crime. Yikes!

Welcome Home Will. We love you SO much and we are so glad you are a part of our family!

14 comments:

Lauren said...

YEA! OK I confess I have only checked your blog like 5 times a day to see if you had posted yet about this little guy! He is perfect! Glad all went well! A miracle indeed:).

Heather said...

He is absolutely adorable. Totally a Pilling. Also I want to know how many babies of yours have been born on their due date. Isn't this at least your 4th or 5th?? Amazing, you should check into that you might have a world record. Congrats!

Jill said...

Congrats! he is a cutie just like all the others! Glad everything went well and you're home with lots of helpers :) Is this your first epidural? Aren't they wonderful? :)

Melanie said...

Congratulations, Pilling Family!!! He is so cute. I hope things continue to go well for everyone. Emily, you are absolutely amazing!!! Good-Luck with everything and I'm so glad he is home and healthy.

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Congrats to you! He is so darling! And I love the name Will, it fits in your family so well.

I love how your kids were singing him primary songs to calm him down, so sweet.

Kresta said...

Congrats Emily! He is so stinking cute! Love his picture. Enjoy every minute!

Julie said...

what a perfectly handsome little guy! And you look WAY too beautiful after having a baby! I love how you said that its amazing how much you could love this little person after only a few minutes! He is beautiful!!! Congrats!

Kyle and Heidi said...

Emily.... what a cute little guy! I love the name. Congrats!

pillingfamily said...

welcome to the family kiddo. there's more than enough love to go around, so be prepared.

Marilyn said...

Yup, he's a Pilling! You have the most perfect little mold for your children! It's a good thing they all have their own personalities cuz they all look so much alike! Congrats, he is just beautiful!

steph said...

Congrats! He is adorable and I am glad Ty will have someone to play with in the neighborhood. By the way I can't believe you are already at church leading the choir! I'm barely making it all 3 meetings and it has been 3 months.

marianne said...

He is beautiful Emily! Yet another beautiful little Pilling! Congrats super mom! Love ya!

Amber said...

I am wondering if you are planning on having more... I am on my sixth child and possibly want another one?!! when do you think is too old to stop having kids?

AMANDA said...

adorei sei que nnĂ£o vai entender nada que eu vou falar mais vale apena familia muito linda a e se vc gostar de le visite o meu tb http://amanda-minhashistorias.blogspot.com/